Southern Area Aquatic & Recreation Complex (SAARC)
SAARC is currently under construction, but will be opening soon. Please sign up for the Department's newsletter for SAARC updates. Be sure to follow SAARC on social media pages, and we will follow you back!
We're hiring at Southern Area Aquatics and Recreation Complex!
Attend our hiring events
- Saturday, November 9, 2019, from 11 am to 4 pm
Harmony Hall Arts Center
10701 Livingston Road; Fort Washington, MD 20744
- Saturday, November 23, 2019, from 11 am to 4 pm
Allentown Splash, Tennis, & Fitness Park
7210 Allentown Road; Fort Washington, MD 20744
For more details, call 301-203-6000.
M-NCPPC, Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George’s County is proud to introduce the Southern Area Aquatic and Recreation Complex (SAARC)! Located in Brandywine, Maryland (conveniently located near Branch Ave/Route 5 (MD 5) and Crain Highway/U.S. Route 301). SAARC is a community center that also provides a space for fitness and health goals to be met.
SAARC is the first Multi-Generational recreational complex in Prince George’s County! It is a place where all members of the family can participate in activities together.
If you and your family are seeking a fun, healthy, and active lifestyle within your community, SAARC is the facility for you! The facility offers a variety of amenities including:
- Fitness and Aerobic Rooms: Meet your fitness goals with SAARC! These rooms offer state-of-the-art circuit weight and cardiovascular equipment and the best fitness and dance classes taught by professional instructors and personal trainers.
- Natatorium: Experience panoramic scenic views of the wooded areas while swimming laps in the six-lane pool. The 25-yard pool provides a balanced blend of fitness, competition, and instructional aquatic programs. The natatorium is open all year long and features a leisure pool, a fun flume slide into a plunge pool, and a spa pool.
- Gymnasium: SAARC’s high school rated basketball gymnasium has two courts to accommodate a variety of sports activities and community events.
- Café: Before or after you work out or attend a class, stop by the café to grab a beverage or a quick bite to eat!
- Hospitality Spaces: Create everlasting memories. Our beautiful glass-encased complex with high vaulted ceilings is a unique venue for weddings, receptions, birthday parties, baby showers, as well as meetings and conferences. Convenient amenities include a choice of five rooms for hosting, high-tech equipment, and a warming kitchen for catering. (Rental rates apply.)
- Programming: SAARC offers a full schedule of classes for all generations. This includes yoga, fitness boot camp, water fitness, dance, Zumba, aerobics, and more. Kids can participate in swimming lessons, basketball skills, tumbling, hip-hop dance, and many more classes.
- Membership: Sign up and gain full access to the facility with a monthly or yearly membership.